Integrating ds9App into Third Party Applications
ds9App is available as program stub that can be integrated into third party web applications
. At the moment the stub is available for Java
but upon customer request we would provide a stub for other programming languages, .NET
Integrating the ds9App Stub into third party web applications requires only a few steps:
- Adaptation of CSS styles and image resources to match the layout of the third party application
- Configuration of the URL of the ds9 system that is to be connected to
- Configuration of the id of the viewer that is to be accessed
- Configuration of the user credentials of the technical user that is authorized to access the viewer via Webservice API
The ds9App Stub requests viewers from their ds9 system. The viewer response is a full HTML page
, so that it can be customized.
The HTML page of the viewer looks to the third party application as if coming from the same origin
(server) and is therefore not causing any Cross Resource Sharing (CORS) issues.
Subsequent requests to the viewer only transfer JSON data and HTML chunks.
The third party application could itself be part of a corporate website
, so that the viewer could be published on the web
accessible by all visitors of the website without the need to login.
Use cases for this could be:
- A Search Engine for the website
- A News Tracker widget scrolling through some latest information
- A Search Engine for a specific topic, linking to external web content